Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Maytag "Neptune" is ten years old and it's "start-up" is

Customer Question

My Maytag "Neptune" is ten years old and it's "start-up" is inconsistent most of the time, but other times immediately as if there is not problem. Repeatedly changing the settings, including "off" and "pause" sometimes kick-starts it; other times it starts up (on the regular settings) without a hiccup. Also, when not in use, there is a persistent beeping, whether it's been physically turned off or not.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So first, only the touch control panel or the display control board can cause these problems. If the beeping is evenly spaced out when it's beeping, you need to replace the display board. Otherwise if the beeping is sporadic, the touch control panel has failed and will need to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?