Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a mau tag has dryer. When I turn it on gh heat it

Customer Question

I have a mau tag has dryer. When I turn it on high heat it stops mid cycle. Once it cools down I can restart it. My husband changed the thermostat and a fuse. That did not correct the probem
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately the thermostat and the fuse aren't your issue, the issue is the thermal cut out inside the motor. If the motor is generating too much heat because the bearings are generating friction, it will combine with the heat that the dryer is generating and trip the cut out. Unfortunately the only way to fix this issue is to replace the entire motor because the issue will get worse as the bearings begin to get worse. Eventually the motor will start cutting out after just a few minutes of running and will need to be turned off longer to cool down before it resets.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?