Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag refrigerator Model # MF12568AES Serial

Customer Question

I have a Maytag refrigerator Model # ***** Serial #12769952LT. This is a French Door Appliance with a water and ice dispenser. A control panel is located on the door. At this point in time the panel which controls the temperature, lights, water and
ice dispenser has the temperature control lights flashing and the door in this control that controls the release of ice is opening and closing with the flashing lights. The refrigerator is not cooling and I have tried everything I can think of even unplugging
the refrigerator, pushing the reset button, changing the water filter. I have called numerous appliance repair people and that is the most frustrating thing I have had to deal with in years. Is there anything I can do to get the lights to stop flashing and
the refrigerator to function until I can get a repair person here. To date I am looking at a 3 to 5 day wait.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So unfortunately there is no way to just reset this issue or stop it from flapping until you replace the faulty part. The issue is that the main high voltage control board on the back of the refrigerator has failed and needs to be replaced so below is a link to the control board you'll need to order and replace for your model number with serial break.

CLICK HERE for control board

If you're handy, you can pick the part up at a local appliance parts store like Sears Parts and Service Center if you have one and you can replace the part in about 15 minutes since it's all plug and play.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?