Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

On an older Maytag washer the washer started shaking real

Customer Question

On an older Maytag washer the washer started shaking real bad when it came to the part of the cycle where the washer spins and the wash water is expelled. The cover with the controls on it started pushing in and out and it pushed the plate behind the on off control forward before I could shut it off. When I shut it off the button just pops back out. What caused that and how do I get the round plate behind the on and off switch pushed back into position? The on off switch may also have gotten pushed forward and how do I get that back in place?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

Is this a front loader, if so, there should be a data plate in the door recess with the model number.

If its a top loader, the number should be on the back

Once I have the model I can help further thanks

Rob