Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The compressor isnt running, getting voltage to inverter

Customer Question

the compressor isnt running, getting voltage to inverter board , dont know what DC voltage i should have at the compressor plugon a GE mod# PFSF5NJWABB
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You don't check voltage to the compressor because it varies. It sounds like your inverter board has just failed if the compressor isn't running and the compressor isn't blazing hot. You can unplug the wires going to the compressor to see the 3 prongs attached to the compressor itself. These are the power plug prongs for the compressor. if you have a multimeter you can test resistance between any 2 prongs. There are 3 possible combinations. If all 3 combinations have roughly the same resistance, then the compressor is good and you need a new inverter. If the resistances are really different, then the compressor is bad. Expect to see between 0.3 ohms and 10 ohms between each combination if the compressor is good.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?