Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How replace door boot seal in Neptune stacked MLG200AWW? Do

Customer Question

How replace door boot seal in Neptune stacked MLG200AWW?
Do I have to remove the dryer from the washer for access?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

First, the dryer does not remove---that is not an option. You must replace the rubber boot from the front of the washer by removing the front panel of the washer as well as the angled panel between the washer and the dryer, that is all the room you get. To remove the front panel and such, just open the washer door and remove the 2 screws going through the door hinges into the front panel as well as the 2 screws on the opposite side of the door way going into the front panel. The front panel will unclip at the top and pull forward and down so you can remove it. Lift the door up about 1 inch and then pull the door off. At this point you should unplug the stack unit or flip the circuit breaker off to the unit. Now remove the screws going into the angled panel between the washer and dryer and remove that panel for a bit more access.

After that, it's the same as any other standard neptune washer as far as replacing the boot seal so below is a video that shows you how to do this. Just ignore the beginning since the initial access is different and I already explained how you access the washer on your model above.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had already watched that video, and others. I already have taken the lower washer cover off and removed the door. The problem is that in the video, the tech lifts up the top of the washer to get access to the space below to remove screws. That video does not help me get access to take the cable and spring off. Referring me to a video for a machine that is not like the one I asked about that I had already seen is no help at all. PLEASE do not charge me anything for this. You added no value to a video — one of several — on YouTube that I have already seen.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I explained to you exactly how to get into your washer before I gave you the video. The video itself is just how to replace the rubber gasket part. How you access the rubber gasket part is different obviously which is why I gave you directions on how to do that. Anything after what I typed is EXACTLY the same as in the video.