Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Washer will not power up or light up

Customer Question

Washer will not power up or light up
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK well I'll opt out then because there is no way I can help you without a model number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't get to the serial number
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to hear some of the things I can try when a top loading GE profile washer will not power up. I know serial number would help get a more specific answer but usually there are some things to try no matter the model to help like maybe unplug and plugging back in?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The main power will come into the machine either to the main electronic control or through an AC line filter. You will need to test the power to the control (or line filter) to determine that it is present. If it is, the control is probably faulty.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I do that?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Well, you will need a test meter to measure voltage. Depending on the model, the rear panel will come off, allowing access to the inside of the control panel. The model tag is usually on the underside of the lid or on the control console. Can you see nothing there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I will wait for the answer online
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Wait for the answer online? I am not sure I understand what you mean, sorry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had requested a live phone call and it said that was unavailable so I was gonna wait online but now I really need someone to call in person but it is almost midnite here and the call would have to wait till 730 in the morning.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I understand, thank you. I will place your question back to the list for others to see and if another is available for phone service, they will post to you.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Can you remove the front panel on the unit?