Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

I replaced the UV lamp when the Indicator Lamp switched to

Customer Question

I replaced the UV lamp when the Indicator Lamp switched to red and the audible alarm sound was intermittent. I have changed the UV lamp many times in the past without a problem. However, after replacing the Lamp this time, the Indicator Lamp blinked green and the audible alarm sounded intermittently and then after a few minutes the alarm was constant.
Thinking it may have been caused by dirty sediment filters preceding the UV filter, I changed both of these and reconnected the UV to a power source but the same alarm pattern recurred. I hope you can help. Note...the system was installed in 2002 and has been working fine until this incident
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

I am having trouble locating details on that model number, sorry.

Can you recheck it for me please?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Model # ***** my Biolite Germicidal UV System is....BIO12The serial # ***** *****Manufactured by Cuno Water Treatment
12638 U.S. 33 North, Churubusco,IN 46723UNIFLEX COMPONENTS, INC. (same address as the above)
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thanks

Ihave put a call out for the schematics of this machine

WhileIm waiting Ill opt out.

Thismeans that if someone else has this information, they will respond toyou directly.

Inthe meantime, please DO NOT rate or respond to this question, as thiswill lock your question

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Stil waiting for suggestions re. the Biolite Filter's alarm sound following installation of a replacement bulb.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I saw that I was being charged for the full amount of $28.00 but have not received any suggestions or comments regarding my request for information. I'm confused.