Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a front loading maytag washing machine and the

Customer Question

i have a front loading maytag washing machine and the selection strip on the left is stuck on control locked and the machine wont work. i tried unpluging it for 30 minutes and it was still locked.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

All you should need to do to remove the control lock is to press and hold the "END OF CYCLE SIGNAL" button in the bottom right hand corner of the control panel for 5 seconds and that should unlock the control panel. If not, then your interface board has just failed and would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?