Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Need to replace gasket on uline icemaker

Customer Question

need to replace gasket on uline icemaker
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

This should be all very easy to install since U-line uses a style where you push the gasket into a channel on the inner door liner and it just holds on from friction. Usually to help push it into the channel, I'll rub some Vasaline on the back of the door gasket and in the channel where the gasket is going to push into and that will allow it to slide into the channel better.

If the gasket isn't straight, use a hair dryer and heat it up because it can come bent or folded from shipping and that will make it difficult to install.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try the vasaline also it fills & freeze & I can hear it running but it will not dump
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK well you may have to replace the icemaker if it's filling and not cycling to dump the ice.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?