Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Our power was off hours this morning. The refrigerator now

Customer Question

Our power was off for several hours this morning. The refrigerator now has power - light is on, but the display on the front - temp controls, replace filter, alarm. etc are not lighted and the refrigerator is not cooling. When any button is pushed, the display shows 888 888 and all lights come on.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried to unplug the unit for 1 full minute and plug it back in? If so and you still get the 888 in the display the main control board is bad and was damaged during the outage. You will need to pull the unit out and go behind it. There is a small panel on the back where the board is under. There are a couple screws that hold the panel cover on and you can get right at the board. The boards go bad often for that issue. It is part number W10310240 and you can order it from repairclinic.com or searspartsdirect.com