Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Kenmore refrigerator 25370312211 has stopped working. Not

Customer Question

My Kenmore refrigerator *********** has stopped working. Not getting any power.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The only thing that will cut power to the entire refrigerator is the main power control board located under the bottom of the unit. If you remove the vent panel along the bottom under the freezer door, there is a black plastic box with 1 screw going up into the floor if the refrigerator. Remove this screw and the entire box will slide forward and out so that you can replace the control board inside. Do make sure the refrigerator is getting power from your house first, but if that checks good, only the main control board can cause the issue so below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what about the control board on the front of the refrigerator? Is it also affected? It was flashing and beeping when all of the issues took place. When it was flashing and beeping I held down the ice dispenser and the light only lit up when the display came on and same with the lights inside the unit as well.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

No, that wouldn't cut out the lights inside as well as everything else. Only the main bottom control board can cut everything out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the cheapest place I can find the board online?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I couldn't tell you for sure but below is the cheapest I see.

CLICK HERE for control board

Again, we are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I don't want to buy it and install it and it be the wrong part because I won't be able to return it.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I don't think anyone wants that.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?