Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I had a power surge or momentary power outage and now there

Customer Question

I had a power surge or momentary power outage and now there is either a s e or 5 e error flashing on the display panel
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The power surge unfortunately shorted out your touch control panel I'm sorry to say. Error 5E means that your touch control pad is shorted and that will need to be replaced in order to resolve the issue. The part number you'll need to order is DA97-08703J and it's about $100. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for display touchpad

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.