Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a Maytag model LSG7806AAQ stacked washer/dryer

Customer Question

We have a Maytag model LSG7806AAQ stacked washer/dryer combo. The washer stopped working and the washer does not turn-on from the push/pull switch. After taking apart the washer, the water valve continuity reads 1K ohm on each coil, so I believe this is OK. We found the 1 amp fuse was blown, and it was replaced. This did not solve the problem, and the new fuse is still OK. I have a VOM meter and the electrical diagram for this washer. The obvious things like power from the wall plug and water pressure are OK. What part could blow this fuse? Where should we start to replace components?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The fuse blows when the lid/out of balance switch assembly fails. You must replace both the fuse and the switch assembly to resolve this issue so below is a link to the switch assembly located below the top panel of the washer behind the tub that you need to order and replace to resolve this issue.

CLICK HERE for switch assembly

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Is there any way to check the continuity (or failure mode) of this old switch assembly with an ohm meter to verify the failure before ordering the new part?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Not usually once it blows the fuse since it usually just creates a spark when closing/opening that causes the fuse to be bad. But if the fuse went bad that's the only part that causes it to go bad which is why the switch assembly comes with a new fuse.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We already replaced the fuse, and the washer still does not work. So, is the switch assembly fried and needs to be replaced? I will order the switch assembly and get back to you with the results after the installation of the new part. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I understand that you already replaced the fuse already, but the unit won't work until you replace the switch assembly, and the switch assembly would have come with the fuse but you didn't know so you'll have an extra fuse.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We ordered the part and awaiting its arrival on Wednesday, Aug 19. After the part's installation, we will let you know the results. Thank you.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

ok...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The switch/fuse assembly was received and replaced in the washer. The washer still does not work.