Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a ge "profile"self-cleaning oven. We ran the self

Customer Question

I have a ge "profile"self-cleaning oven.
We ran the self cleaning cycle, allowed the oven to cool. opening the door the "locked
door" light remained on. We cut the power off to see if it would reset. Closing the door
creats an internal buzzing sound and nothing works.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately it sounds like your door latch assembly itself is jammed. You can at least open the door so replacing the latch shouldn't be that difficult if you need to replace the latch, but before you replace the latch, try to unplug the range or flip the circuit breaker off. Then grab the latch hook and wiggle it in case it's jammed or stuck. Re-apply power and if it still won't work, the door latch needs to be replaced. These latches fail commonly on GE ovens unfortunately and it usually only occurs after using the self clean cycle since that is the only time the latch is used.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?