Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Model WTW5000DW lock light on will no allow me to open

Customer Question

Model WTW5000DW lock light on will no allow me to open washer? Tried unplugging still will not allow me to open lid, has been locked since yesterday, washer not even 1yr old yet?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the unit isn't even 1 year old yet, then you probably just want to call warranty because whatever problem you have will be covered by warranty. As for the possibilities, you could have a clogged drain which will prevent the lid from opening or you could have a bad lid lock. Getting the clothing out is the immediate issue so below is a video that shows you how to remove the top panel of your washer so you can access the lid switch assembly and at least remove the clothing inside the tub. Before taking the washer apart however, I would probably try to unplug the washer for 5 minutes to see if that resets the issue or allows you to open the lid. If not, then either call warranty to handle everything or proceed with the video to show you how to take the washer apart so you can at least take the clothing out until warranty gets out to fix the issue.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?