Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

I want to increase the water level in my GE/Moffat HE

Customer Question

I want to increase the water level in my GE/Moffat HE apartment sized washer. There are 2 pressure switches in the unit, both connected to a common air chamber. Each switch has 7 electrical contacts and 5 adjustment screws, which have been dabbed with a drop paint to keep them form moving. From the factory schematic, one switch is designated "red point", and the other "green point". Which switch should I start with for adjustment, which screw (or group of screws) should I turn and how much per trial? The switches appear to be two stage, that is, when I blow into them they have 2 click positions.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

You are correct about there being a high and low level fill on these pressure switches

It is not normally recommended to adjust the water levels though.

However, if you can give me the model number, I will try to figure this out for you

Thanks

Rob