Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My water dispenser/ice maker stopper working. Lights on but

Customer Question

My water dispenser/ice maker stopper working. Lights on but when push to dispense nothing happens no noise at all
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello, If neither are working at all try to unplug the unit for 10 seconds and plug it back in. If it still does not work you need the main board behind the unit. It is on the back wall behind the unit, behind a small cover panel. Here is a link to the part you need. CLICK HERE

All I ask is please rate my service thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you really charge me $37 to tell me to unplug my refrigerator

On that unit you can try to reset the board, otherwise like I stated you have a bad main control board on the unit. I can explain why the board goes bad if you wish? Just let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this something easily replaced or do I need to have someone come replace it for me

No it is a plug and play board here is a video for you. CLICK HERE

All I ask is please rate my service, that is just a rating for me as a tech on the site helping you thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whole thing just weird says its free trial but then charge you $37 before you answer questions. I don't think I would use this service again.

I am just a tech on the site, you can actually pay whatever you wish for the answers, I only get a small portion of what you pay or nothing if you rate me poorly, but still this is a lot cheaper than paying a tech to come out to your house.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand , they take and charge your card before you can ask a question

Yes I have nothing to do with the billing end I am just a tech that responds to the questions, Next time submit what you would like to pay and you can even request me if you would like.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have ordered part you suggested waiting for it to arrive before I make my decision

ok thanks