Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have the same question as the person who you worked with

Customer Question

I have the same question as the person who you worked with on this answer (assuming you can see what page came up for my search). I noticed it wasn't fully resolved. Was there something else needed to be done?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to make sure I'm still talking to Tyler Z about my Kitchenaid fridge...PayPal brought me back here instead of to the original page.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I cannot see the question to which you refer. What is your refrigerator doing?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Kelly,
My question is the same as the one below. Water dispenser is fine. Noise stops when light is on in freezer. Now it won't make ice. Also, noise continues regardless if ice "arm" is up or down.------>>> My Refrigerator/Freezer, model KBRA20ELSS01...
Resolved • Response time -8 minutes
26 Dec 2008
My Refrigerator/Freezer, model KBRA20ELSS01 is making a buzzing sound that will not stop. I think it has to do with the ice-maker. It sounds like a solenoid that is trying to activate, but can't. The water dispenser works fine, and there are ice cubes in the bin, but there is no water in the ice maker. I suspect the valve is trying to open to supply the water. Is this something I can fix myself??
Appliance Technician's response
26 Dec 2008
how long does the sound last for and how often does it happen?
Ask your own Appliance question
Customer reply
26 Dec 2008
It has been buzzing continuously for about the last 4 or 5 hours. When I open the bottom freezer door and let the light come on it stops. When I depress the light-switch button the sound starts again.
Appliance Technician's response
26 Dec 2008
ok then that doesn't sound like the water valve, that has got to be the icemaker itself, check to see if it's jammed by pressing the lightswitch by hand--- if it is try to unjamm it--- if it's not then replace the icemaker. It's only held in by 2 screws on top and 1 screw below.
Customer reply
26 Dec 2008It doesn't seem to do anything other than stop the sound when I press on the light switch. Should I keep turning it on and off? Also, is there some place on the ice maker itself where I can rotate something to try to unjam it?Thanks
Appliance Technician's response
26 Dec 2008
well you can't "unjam it" by rotating it but you can try to manually advance the cycle. To do that you take the front white cover off the icemaker (it just clips on very tightly so pull straight out and try it off with a flat head screwdriver). There are several holes labeled with different letters. Use a jumper wire and jump terminals T and H while holding the door switch. This will attempt to manually advance the cycle.
Customer rating: