Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I just replaced the water pump in my ice maker. And the

Customer Question

I just replaced the water pump in my ice maker. And the water valve does fill up the reservoir. But the pump will not kick on to create ice, also the water valve does not turn off and just continues to overflow the reservoir. But when I turn the selector knob to clean it pumps water just fine. So I know the pump works. Am I missing in on some relay to tell the water valve to turn off or is there another relay to tell the pump to turn on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The pump i8s energized by the service switch and the evaporator thermostat. The pump should stop running when the thermostat opens once it gets cold enough. See the operation description below.