Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Refrigerator zis420 general electric monogram water leaking

Customer Question

refrigerator zis420 general electric monogram water leaking to floor
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! You most likely have a leaking connection at the water inlet valve. Is the leak continuous? Does it leak only on the outside of the cabinet or are you finding ice in the freezer or water in the fresh food section floor areas?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It leaks from the tray located on top just underneath of the spherical metal container. When tray is empty no more leaking.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Number 711 in the diagram is the pan that catches the defrost water. The compressor (number 725) is also mounted in it. Is that the tray that is leaking?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
711 is leaking whenever it has water. No water no leaking.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It will have to be sealed with a silicone sealant, it is no longer available to replace it. Can you see any visible damage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can not see much from outside. Does it need to be taken out from the fridge for repair. What do I need to take out before I can see it better.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Well, it will be difficult to remove it because the compressor is mounted in it. Can you pour a little water in and see where it leaks from?