Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My GE Model: GSL25JFTC is not freezing on the freezer side

Customer Question

My GE Model: GSL25JFTC is not freezing on the freezer side and not cool enough on the fridge side. I have taken it in for repair twice. The last time about 3 month ago they put a part in for the defrost and it worked well until this past week. I notice a layer of ice on the back wall of the freezer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The ice is the cause of your poor cooling. There are four components in the defrost circuit. Do you know what was replaced?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what part I just know it was about $150 for the part and it worked well for a several weaks. I started noticing ice on the back wall and soon after it quit freezing items on the freezer side 39 degrees and fridge side about 54 degrees.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The only thing that would have been that expensive would have been the main control board. The heater is most likely to fail, so I would suggest we start there. Can you remove the rear panel from inside the freezer to access the heater for testing?