Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

How to remove the front to replace the computer board on an

Customer Question

how to remove the front to replace the computer board on an over the range microwave model # ***** lmvm2055sw
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! You will have to remove the grille from above the door. Once that is removed, there will be a screw at the top of the control panel. When that screw is removed, the panel will lift up and hinge down, allowing access to the electronics.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The computer control panel is located in the door, elongated, at the bottom of the unit. By removing the above grill, either above or below, does not allow access inside the door. The only screws on the door itself hold the handle. I am unable to locate another way to access the front panel. The electronic board inside the door shorted out when a massive amount of steam filled the area. Please check the model number for a different approach. Thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The board I thought you were referring to is the main board, number 3 in the diagram at the link below. Give me just a few minutes to prepare the other information for you.

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The page from the service manual showing how to disassemble the door is below.