Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Have a ge washer gtwn4950lows started to fill then stopped

Customer Question

have a ge washer gtwn4950lows started to fill then stopped fill light on and just makes hum noise there is water at both valve
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the valves are getting 122 VAC to them but you have no water filling, the issue is either the water supply to the valves or the valve is faulty. If you have verified water supply, valve will need to be replaced and is available below.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they both have 120v at all time I think the control side might be the problem. they are both have white/red wires going to them then the cold has tan and hot has brown.both solenoids have about 1k ohms I don't think both would go bad at sometime
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

They can't have voltage all the time, they would allow water to run. Are you measuring with the wires attached? You need to measure with them hooked up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they are feed 120 with start button on at both solenoids and the controlled by separate wire to control hot or cold I ground control side and water flow so valve cant be prob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been a chevy tech for 35 years an do know a little about how electricity works so just tell me what to check I think it ckt board but rather daig than throw a dart