Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I went to start a load of laundry and I heard a pop from the

Customer Question

I went to start a load of laundry and I heard a pop from the washer and now nothing works.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Do you have a meter to test voltage with?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model number. Wm2050cw
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Do you have a meter to test voltage with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No but have tested the receptacle with another appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I understand, thank you. Inside the machine, just under the top cover, is a filter board. It is designed to protect the electronics from any electrical issues. The power cord comes into the machine, through that filter and then onto the control. I suspect that filter board may have failed and will need to be replaced. There is a fuse you can test but will need a meter to do so. The filter board is pictured and available at the link below. There are screws along the back of the the top panel that will need to come off to access it. Of course, unplug the machine before removing the top.

CLICK HERE