MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

About 3 year old DV419AE* Samsung clothes drying, displays

Customer Question

about 3 year old DV419AE* Samsung clothes drying, displays error code t0 and stops, however, entire vent line is clear and lint filter is clear, what could be the problem?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have disassembled and put back together nearly the entire dryer - e.g., entire motor assembly removed, drum & belt,heating element , tumbler, to make sure that there is nothing blocking or obstructing the fan or else where, and reassembled -except for the top panel, but still getting the same (false) error code, t0 "clogged lint screen,vent is restricted" used 7 HP shop vacuum from both ends of vent system and line is clear.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

T0 is not a clog error- it means that the thermistor is the issue. Replace it and the code should go away. It mounts on the blower housing right next to a small round safety thermostat and can be accessed by taking the front of the dryer off. Post back if you need more.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I meant "tO", not "t0" is the code, I will try what you say this evening and get back to you.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

I am taking about the same error- nothing has changed about my reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put in a new Samsung #DC32-00007A thermistor; and the dryer seems to function normally for a short time then stops and displays "to" (both letters and lower case) error again or is the "to" abbreviation for "timed out" based on moisture level. Although I had done quite a bit of dryer disassembly; I had not removed the original thermistor before, whereas I did this morning but only after already ordering a new one on the phone. There was a "dust ball" layer covering much of the thermistor surface and I initially this suspected this actually could have been the problem. I took this original thermistor along with me to pick up the new one shortly after noon today. Both the original and the new thermistor registered the same level on an ohm meter, I had thought that the dust ball could have created the problem, apparently not? I am still not sure what the problem is. I did manage to get one load of washing dried, after having to restart the dryer several times. Is there some sort of moisture measuring device/component that could be the problem?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

The main pcb board would be the issue here provided that there is no problem with the wires that run between it and the thermistor. The thermistor is inexpensive and that is why I said replace it first. An ohms reading is not always accurate test-wise with these as the resistance changes with temperature. Use a meter and make sure you have continuity in those 2 wires. The error means open thermistor, so the control is saying that it is not reading it, so that is a false error if the wires are fine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, I managed to dry a batch of washing last night - towels and bed sheets and pillow cases, BUT, I had to run the dryer several times, to have enough drying time to complete the job, each stop had the same error code, lower case "to" instead of the original error code "tO"-or "Clogged Lint Screen". Any suggestions for me regarding the main pcb board? Is this a single unit that has to be entirely replaced or are there possibly some replacement components?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

The whole board gets replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Again my Samsung dryer is model# ***** so I believe that the following part is the correct one to purchase, yes?Assy Pcb Main;ace-Pjt
MFG Number DC92-00257A
AP4458876
replaces(###) ###-####
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

Yes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I was out of town for about 10 days, but after replacing both the thermistor and the new ASSY PCB Main (item DC92-00257A) the problems persists and the dryer still runs for a short time and then stops with the error code "to" appearing, it does seem to run a bit longer with low hear setting, but still the clothes don't try and the dryer stops with the same error code - "to" appearing, lots of time and and $14.57 and $122.36 already spent on the "non-returnable parts" plus the $28 here, any other suggestions would be appreciated.