Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We are having the same problem as person who asked question

Customer Question

we are having the same problem as person who asked question regarding the alarm. We were able to pull off kick plate. The water tray was filled with water. Coils are not that dusty
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.

Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

I am not sure what post you are reading, can you send me a link? Or else, can you just explain what the actual problem is?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already sent the the information in previous question. Unfortunately it is for an appliance at my summer home and I am no longer there. But if you read my question that will give you all of the information you need I think
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the tray below the cabinet is full of water, the alarm is probably from the temperatures being too high. How are the temperatures?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When alarm goes off It says high temperature and the refrigerator light is the one that says high temp. But it is 38 in refrigerator and that is pretty steady and the temperature in freezer fluctuates. When I hit the alarm off button the freezer temper goes down to around 10. This takes a some time (hours) Then freezer temp creeps up. Then the alarm goes off again and refrigerator temp is steady at 38 and freezer temp goes up to around 20.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to be clear on my last response the order of things happening is: 1. Alarm goes "on" and starts to beep. 2. The display panel above says it is the "refrigerator temperature is high" Blinking green light and orange light is lit under where it says refrigerator is high. 3. in checking the thermometers in both areas Refrigerator temp is around 38 (which is where it is supposed to be). 4. Freezer temperature is around 20 (it should be lower...ice cream is not frozen everything else in freezer is frozen). 5. Hit alarm off button, which I am told resets the temperatures in the refrigerator/freezer. 6. If I look in refrigerator 10 hour later the refrigerator is at around 38 and freezer is 10. 7. after around 12-13 hours the alarm goes off again and refrigerator temp holds steady at 38 and freezer is at 20. Message is same and It beeps and beeps so we turn alarm off. and the above happens again. It appears that whether the alarm is on or off the refrigerator temp remains constant (38-40). It is the freezer temp that is the issue. Freezer seems to not go below 10 (which manual says should be 0-5) and goes up to 20. Hope this is clear. Please advise
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like there may be two issues. The first, I suspect, is an electronic problem. The second is a sealed system issue if the freezer takes hours to get to 10* F and will go no lower. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it would be a good idea for me to invest the $18.00 and speak with you in person. I would need to be where the refrigerator is so that I could answer your questions more accurately. I will be at my other house on Thursday, 8/20. Can we plan a time (NY time) to speak after 1:00pm? Please let me know and I will forward my phone number to you at that time. Thanks. You are the first person who has come up with some solid answers to the problem. However without me being there in front of the refrigerator it is hard to answer your questions. Please let me know if speaking on Thursday is doable and at what time. Thanks Kelly...regardless at the end of this you get 4 stars and if you can solve this you get 5:)))
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, I am unable to offer live phone support. I will place your question back to the list in case another is available for that.