Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

My RSG257AARS/XAA model makes ice just fine but the ice

Customer Question

My RSG257AARS/XAA model makes ice just fine but the ice maker motor just came on by itself and emptied out the ice bucket. I hit the reset button but within a minute or so the motor came back on. I had to take the motor out to stop it from running. Is the control panel or LED board defective ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the control board on the back is what normally causes this issue. Double check all the connections on both boards. If the connections are good, I would replace the main board.

We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.

Thank you