Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a Kenmore Eliteand it's not draining. I took the hose

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Elite(###) ###-####and it's not draining. I took the hose off of where it drains and the water flowed freely. After several trips with a bucket I managed to get it outside and drain it the rest of the way. What do I need to do to fix this? I opened the back and see the hoses, but nothing seems clogged
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
A Kenmore number is ***** digits long.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
796.29278000

thank you!

When you tried to drain the washer ,did you hear the drain pump running or humming?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Honestly not sure. It wouldn't spin very fast at all.

if it has water in it it will not spin fast the water acts as a brake.

Can you tilt it back and remove the pump to see if you have something in the pump causing it to not pump out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I took the panel off there is the black hose going into the filter and one coming out. These are pretty tight and I'm afraid that I will break something pulling them off. Is there a trick to it?

you will need to remove the hose clamps that hold the rubber hose on to the pump ,they do not just pull off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pulled the clamps off, but the hose seems extremely tight. If I can get them off, why would my next step be?

Try twisting the tubing and you may need to get a screw driver under the hose and between the hose and the pump port

Your not going to hurt the pump.

But you may get some additional water .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I got the hoses off, none seem clogged with anything. I took the filter off to get a better look at it and I don't see anything wrong with it. I'm stumped

ok if you had nothing in the pump and the filter was clean .I recommend to replace the drain pump ,they do go bad .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drain-Pump/5859EA1004E/2134503?rcaid=1000070

If you call a service company and they replace it your looking at around $200.00 for part and labor, And the part is just $57.00
If you have any questions just reply back.

Do you have any questions for me today ?

IF not,, If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time