Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I cleaned the inside of my G. E. Model WES1130DM2WW

Customer Question

I cleaned the inside of my G. E. Model WES1130DM2WW Microwave oven, mfg. date April 2008 , just using damp wash cloth. Plugged it in and now have the word FAIL in the display screen, and it beeps intermittently, it doesn't work at all. Is this something I can fix? PLEASE help, Thanks , Steve
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Unplug it and put a fan in front of it for 5-10 hours and let it dry really good then try it again. If it still does that you need a new display board. Get back to me if it still does not work.

All I ask is please rate my service thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does FAIL mean? I've tried what you suggest but still doesn't work.

The fail means there has been a control failure on the unit detected and it will lock out the user. If you have unplugged it for that long and plugged it back in and still get the FAIL error on the unit you need a new display board. The display is not communicating with the main controller.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I junked the oven, disagree with the analysis, it made no sense, I followed all instructions, nothing worked , I won't rate you to avoid insulting you, I fully expect to be blocked by justanswer.com , no problem , no hard feelings, I won't be back ... ever .... , Steve