Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

My ge profile dishwasher #pdwt580v00ss has no power to the

Customer Question

Hi...my ge profile dishwasher #pdwt580v00ss has no power to the switches. No lights. There is water still in the machine not drained. This has happened before and the repair man did a quick fix. .but not sure what he did. Wondering if there is a thermal fuse or other type fuse to check? Or if any other suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

The first thing to check is the outlet on the wall.

If thats OK, and you have a meter, test for voltage where the incoming main cable terminates in the machine

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Checked wall switch and voltage into the machine is good. ..still dead almost like it blew an internal fuse. ..it did the same thing 2 years ago and tech came and repaired it. I could have swore it was some type of heat/thermal something or another but don't remember
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thanks
OK, in that case the next thing to look at is the main board in the door.
Please go here
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/ge-dishwasher-parts/model-PDWT580V00SS/0432/0130000/G1203680/00001.html
You need to check item 905
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What am I supposed to check on the board? That's a 300$+ swap out to check?
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
You are looking for power going in to the board, you should also check for signs of any damage, like burn marks etc
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Power is to the board. No burn marks no burnt smell, looks in order.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
This is very odd then!
Check you have power to the display panel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have power out of the control panel but display is blank. ..the washer shut down before wash cycle was complete. There is water still in basin...almost like it tripped a fuse and stopped. ..killed power to display and everything. Last tech that fixed it said something about a fuse/kill switch type of thing that he replaced
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
From memory, there is no thermal fuse in this.
Please go here
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/ge-dishwasher-parts/model-PDWT580V00SS/0432/0130000.html
This is the full breakdown of parts. I have checked, and, as I thought, there is no thermal fuse
Because there is no display, the main PCB is the likley culprit here, even though you may have voltage out of it.
Please ho here
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/b3p9/GE-Dishwasher-Control-Module/WD21X10517/3028648?modelNumber=PDWT580V00SS&ss=a9b3d1121505&mr=1
This is the pcb. If you order from here, they have a 365 day guarantee where you can return the parts
Thanks
Rob
Thanks
Rob