Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Maytag mfi2266aeu. Main control board went bad and was

Customer Question

Good morning. Maytag mfi2266aeu. Main control board went bad and was replaced. Water dispenses fine. Controls all seem to work. No ice. Tray felt empty. Pulled ice make unit. Completely dry. Cleaned trays. Manually cycled fingers, move freely. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

You can move the auger fingers around with your hand?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The auger works fine when the button is pushed (as does the chute door). The fingers that eject the ice move by hand in one direction. The drive appears to have some sort of clutch that would prevent the gears from breaking if the fingers got stuck. It seems that is working fine.

The auger fingers should not move in either direction, it sounds like the icemaker is broken.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure I agree with your statement. Either way. I filled the ice tray with water. It cycled after a while, it cycled and ejected the ice into the bin, and the auger pushed it out the chute.So the mechanism seems to work, there is just no water going in.

Have you checked the fill tube to see if it is iced up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sort of. There is about a half inch above the tray, and no ice in there. If there is ice, it is above the opening.I looked online and it looks like I have to empty the fridge out and pull the cover to get at the rest of the tube. I will do that a little later, as that will take time.I can also test the solenoid at that time.

OK sounds good if you can get at the plug I can tell you what to connect to make the icemaker fill valve come on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can. Please send that info. that would be perfect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

OK great just let me know when you are at the unit. I may not be in, but as soon as I see your message I will respond.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Something came up. Looks like I won't be able to get back to it unti Monday. Thanks

ok no problem!