Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Pleb27s8ccc. Control panel does not function but inside oven

Customer Question

Pleb27s8ccc. Control panel does not function but inside oven light comes on. Not sure what error codes were displayed
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was heating normally, started beeping, pressed convection button, beeping stopped, continued to heat for about 5 min when a pop was heard and oven shut down. Oven light comes on but control panel is dead.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect you may have a faulty oven control. We know power is present, so either the control has dies or there is a wiring issue. Can you remove the oven and take the top access panel off for inspection?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly, finally got do some work on my oven. continuity to bake & broil elements but oven sensor doesn't show any resistance.
Could this cause the control panel to not show signs of power to it?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The oven sensor should read about 1070 ohms at room temperature. It would not cause the control panel to be dead. Are you able to measure power into the control?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Oven sensor does not even register any resistance. I've already removed the control board.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no evidence of burns or overheating on the boards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All wiring appears intact without signs of overheating.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Well, if the sensor is not measuring, it is open and will need to be replaced. The only way to diagnose the board is to measure the voltage in to ti. Voltage in and no display means bad board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What terminals do I check for power input
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

On the back of the control, the terminal labeled L1 is the power input for the control. Test from that terminal to white neutral wire on the E2 (NEU) terminal. If you have 120 VAC, the control is faulty.