John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I purchased a duet dryer from Lowes 3-4 years ago and

Customer Question

I purchased a duet dryer from Lowes 3-4 years ago and intending to install in recent home, however have received two different sets of instructions on the cord purchased separately. The instructions did not come with the machine as they were lost by an employee prior delivery for this last model on the floor. Whirlpool said the white wire that comes from inside the machine and is installed under the green ground wire nut stays there and the green ground wire from the cord is attached over it. I grew up in the rental business and believed this was wrong. So I went to Lowes and spoke with an actual delivery\technician who showed me the back panel of a GE with instructions\diagram showing the white cable removed and placed on the other white\neutral wire and the green ground wire placed under the green ground screw. The model number is ***** . Thank you for your assistance.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

How many wires are in your cord?