Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have u-line C2275DWR undercounter combo refrigerator

Customer Question

I have u-line C2275DWR undercounter combo refrigerator freezer with ice maker (two drawers). Its been running for 5 years straight. I had to turn it off because the unit got really hot and actually started heating the inside of the drawers. What's wrong with it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it stopped cooling all together and was heating up inside, the issue is likely to be a defrost heater that was energized when it should not be. Was it very warm or just not cooling well?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was very warm.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
almost hot inside.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I suspect the electronic control kept the defrost heater energized and has a welded relay. It will likely need to be replaced. It looks like you will need to contact U-Line for parts, their contact information is below. There is no service or parts documentation for that model that has been released.

Service & Parts Tech Lines Phone(###) ###-####/p>