John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a French door refridgerator -purchased nov 2012- my

Customer Question

hi I have a French door refridgerator -purchased nov 2012- my problem started april 2015- water and ice forms under the large drawer- I talked with one of your technician 2 weeks aago and he suggested to up the temps to freezer at 0 and fridge to 32. we were gone week and help solid icesheet again !!! HELP
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
You have a defrost drain that is clogged behind the rear interior freezer wall under the Evaporator coil that you will need to remove everything out of the freezer and remove the rear interior panel to gain access to the drain hole.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning Woody> Thank you for your expert Advise. Model # ***** Kenmoore Elite #795 72042 112

Thank you!

Yes the defrost drain behind the rear interior freezer wall can get clogged and the the defrost water overflows onto the freezer floor and eventually out the door onto the floor .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Woody my Husband just told me -The Ice forms inside Fridge under the Temperature Controlled pantry Door -and we have a Ice Sheet in there-

Hello, I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, that's not something I'm able to do.
I`m an expert that works from a remote location and not in a Just Answer office.
I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here directly on your question page.

ok so the large drawer in the fresh food section .

It also has a drain behind the rear wall panel that can get clogged.

so you will need to remove every thing to get to it also