Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Older (10yrs?) Pelonis MPK-10ER portable air conditioner has

Customer Question

Older (10yrs?) Pelonis MPK-10ER portable air conditioner has developed a short?, You can hear the unit running when plugged in without the Power being on, Turn the power on the Unit will run for a while then trip the breaker. What part would cause this. How expensive to repair.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the compressor comes on without turning the unit on, the relay that energizes the compressor is welded closed. That is probably also the cause of the breaker tripping. That part appears to not be available. Most of these units are imported and are not really serviceable.