John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a GE model number GLD5600R00BB dishwasher that is

Customer Question

I have a GE model number GLD5600R00BB dishwasher that is four years old. It was working fine but then it quit dissolving the tabs. I'd open the door after it's done and the tab is partially dissolved in the bottom of the dishwasher. This happened numerous
times so I started washing my dishes by hand. I miss my dishwasher! I tried putting the tab in the bottom of the dishwasher and not in the special holder and it would get dissolved but I don't know if the dishes are actually getting clean that way. Any help
would be appreciated. Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 1 year ago.

First the water must be hot enough - run water at the sink - is the water at least 115 degrees there ? Secondly , there must be enough water in the dishwasher - start it , let if fill and then look where the water is in bottom, it should at least touch the front lip. Third the spray arms must turn and spray the water sufficiently. Let it run after it fills and keep opening and closing the door , and each time observe where the spray arms are. Every time you look the arms should be in a different position, if they are not , they are not spraying and moving. Debris can get in the holes of the spray arms and prevent water from spraying out and this keeps it from turning.