Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Oven heats then door lock engages and heating stops Lock

Customer Question

oven heats then door lock engages and heating stops
Lock will unlock and lock numerous times without user intervention, eventually stopping
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Are you trying to self clean?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.The first time the fault happened I set the oven to BAKE, set the temperature, and the oven began to heat. After a time the heating stops and the door locks, and then unlocks by itself. Then locking and unlocking continues without any user intervention.I have tried cycling the power for several minutes and the fault begins again without user intervention

Ok great, does the lock pause at all between locking and unlocking or does it keep rotating?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I pausesoth between the locking and unlocking, and the unlocking and locking. Pauses about 10 seconds or so.

Ok this can be a bad control board most likely, if the door latch was bad it typically would not pause. It sounds like the board is bad on the unit.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I see that there are two printed circuit boards on the back of the unit "large" and "small". Which one are we talking about?

You need this part number

71001799