Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a commercial maytag stackable washer/dryer and the

Customer Question

I have a commercial maytag stackable washer/dryer and the washer stopped working. It is indicating a dollar figure. We have been able to reset by using a key in the past but it is not working this time. Any suggestions to help?
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

This means there is something wrong with the coin/dollar mechanism. The mechanism is not reading correctly and needs to be changed out or repaired.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it easily repaired by a non technician?

The mechanism should be a plug and play part that you could swap with another same unit if you have 2 of the same units.

All I ask is please rate my service thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Odd thing is that we do not use money on this unit, it is in our hair salon and it is a unit that they disable the ability to accept coins $

Then something may be wrong with the computer controller, it is sensing something is wrong with the coin input, the computer boards do go bad. Try to shut the power off to the unit for 1 full minute and start it back up and see if it clears.