Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have two Servel Model RGE 400 Refrigerator gas and

Customer Question

We have two Servel Model RGE 400 Refrigerator for LP gas and electric operation. Purchases circa 2001 from Oasis Montana INC . They have always worked well. However this summer( we live in a cabin 6months of the year and they are only used during summer/fall)
They have been perodically blowing out. relighting them can result in a "puff" behind the units.sounds like a LP grill with electronic ignition when it hesitates to lit. One of refrigerators stays cold, freezer and box. The other refrigerator's box does not stay cold but the freezer does. Do these refrigerators have coolant in the coils?
Both refrigerator are vented together since they stand next to each other.
Can you give us some idea what might be going on?
Can you give us a list of qualified-service men in the area of Boise ID, Cascade/McCall ID, Lewiston ID? We live remote and would have to fly any service-man into our Cabin. we live at Pistol Creel Ranch on the Middle Fork River, part of an association of 21 homeowners.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The most common cause of the issues you are having is a plugged vent. I suspect the issue may be near the top of the vent since both unit are affected. Are you able to inspect and clean the vent system?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure but I'll put in on the 'to try' list
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You will need to remove the cap and then you can see what it looks like down the vent. Let me know what you find.