Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I talked to a local repairman and s response was "Pansonic

Customer Question

I talked to a local repairman and his response was "Pansonic made a terrible mistake with introducing the inverter line and only made them for one year due to many repairs being needed" Your comment please?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Are you referring to the Inverter Technology used in microwave ovens?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Panasonic microwave ovens, which was on my first question.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I see nothing about microwaves in your post, so I was not sure what you were referring to. The repairman is incorrect. The inverter technology was initiated many years ago and is still used by all the manufacturers. That technology is excellent and allows a much better cooking and defrosting result. With a traditional microwave, if you set cooking power to 50% for 10 minutes, you get 100% power for 50% of the time. This creates hot spots and poor defrosting results. The inverter technology actually reduces the wattage of the magnetron, so at 50% power, you actually get 50% power 100% of the time. The inverter models may have had more issues than traditional microwaves initially, but the failure rate now is about the same. The technology is not at all new and has been refined over the years.