Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My automatic icecube maker is constantly freezing up, and

Customer Question

my automatic icecube maker is constantly freezing up, and cant get any cubes or crushed ice. I have tried all the recommended steps given to remove this problem, but nothing works and I will probably never buy another SAMSUNG product, if I can't get this aggravating problem corrected... any time I have company and have more than one other person and sometimes just me alone, the problem is almost constant. Very aggravating, especially for the cost of this appliance.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
am I supposed to sit by my computer till I receive an answer from you? What amount am I being charged. I wasn't sure how this worked. I gave the %$ good faith deposit so far, am I correct?
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello sorry for the wait, what exactly is freezing up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The ice cube maker freezes and wont deliver any cubes or crushed ice. I have tried the troubleshooting recommendations and they don't help at all.

If it will not dispenser ice you need to check the auger motor for power with a volt meter, can you do that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It can't dispense ice because it becomes solid ice, not a cube. Apparantly, the whole unit freezes up , without making cubes.

Ok then you may just have a bad icemaker as the icemakers often go bad and will start to overfill. Check the fill tube on the unit to make sure the line to the icemaker is good, if so I would replace the icemaker as it is likely bad and dumping water into the bin then freezing everything which is a common issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I do that?

Here is a video for you

CLICK HERE