Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a Jenn Air range hood that is no longer getting power

Customer Question

I have a Jenn Air range hood that is no longer getting power (rather the power switch does not work and I cannot get any readout on the LED display). I have check and reset all the breakers. I assume it is the units power supply and wanted to know what I can do to fix this. The unit model number is ***** sn:10032360GG.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the actual switch assembly is no longer available. It sounds like you need the main control board which is about $400. The board is the only other thing besides a power issue that would cause this problem.

We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if there is power getting to the unit, the only thing that is replaceable that could cause this issue is the main control board with is about $400? is that right?

The Junction box where the main power connects to the hood is fine correct? The wire connection could be shorted inside junction box. Look at the part breakdown in the link below.

Parts Link

Thank you