Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Samsung dryer DV330AEW/Xaa gh limit keeps failing. exit vent

Customer Question

samsung dryer DV330AEW/Xaa high limit keeps failing. exit vent is not obstructed. i cleaned out the hose. no lint. fixed 1 week ago and failed after 1 week.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello did you replace the high limit? and just so I am clear it worked fine for a week correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Replaced high limit on heater housing 1 week ago. Dried about 20 loads through the week. My daughter dried her comforter. The next load did not dry. Took dryer apart last night and high limit shows no continuity. Heater shows 9 ohms. Thermostat on heater tube shows continuity. Thermistor gave 9k ohms at room temp. Thermostat on blower shows continuity. Can't find any lint blockage. Dryer vent is flex metal about 12 ft long with 6 bends. Like that for 2 years but... Will change that to short 1 ft long with no bends. Air flow is good at exit.

The comforter did the high limit in, it blocked too much air. You may want to replace the high limit with a higher temp limit. You can check the felt seals and the seal where the blower meets the bulkhead, make sure all seals are good...but a comforter will restrict too much airflow sometimes and pop these lower high limits on the dryers now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess I call the parts house and ask for a part number that gives me a higher temp limit. I noticed the wire to the high limit is slightly burned. I will cut it and put on new electrical fitting.

A bad connection may cause that issue...repair the terminal and try it.