Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a LG Gas Dryer DLG2522W that has served us well since

Customer Question

Good morning,
I have a LG Gas Dryer DLG2522W that has served us well since we purchased it.
Lately, it will power up and allow us to select the dyer option, but when we hit the start button, it does not start. Rather, it just buzzes.
Please help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, have you tried unplugging it to see if it would reset? It sounds like a motor that's going out. Fairly common issue. Try rotating the drum around while holding the light switch in and pressing start. A bearing that's going bad in the motor could cause this issue.

We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey there! I did as suggested and unplugged the dryer in an attempt to reset it....nothing happened. I did get it going by repeatedly pressing the start/pause button. When it did start it ran through an entire session and dried the clothes thoroughly. It did however seem to be struggling and making a louder noise than usual. I took a video of the panel while is was running which I could share if requested. If the motor were failing as you suggested, would it run at all?

If the motor was failing, it's possible it would start.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With all due respect, you haven't given me any answers, guidance or information toward a resolution to my problem.

When it buzzes try rotating the drum by hand and holding the door/light switch in while at the same time pressing start. It sounds like a faulty motor based on your complaint. If it buzzes and the drum rotates, the motor is going bad.

Thank you