Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I have a KitchenAid downdraft vent that my wife decided to

Customer Question

I have a KitchenAid downdraft vent that my wife decided to clean the filters, but she removed the filers before the vent was completely extended, and it retracted and now won't come back up. How do I get it to come back up?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave. Can you get to the lower portion of the hood under the counter? You will need to remove the blower box. Let me know and we will continue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can remove the blower box. Please give me the entire instructions since the downdraft is downstairs and our computer is upstairs.

There are Torx screws on the sides and the top of the blower box where it meets the frame of main part of the hood. Remove them and pull it away. There is a wire connected to the motor that you can remove to get better access to the lift mechanism. When the blower is out of the way you will see a metal arm that you can turn and lift up. When you get this started you can have someone up top help pull the pop up portion of the hood up until it locks. Put in the filters and you are back in business. Let me know if you have any problems.

Have you gotten the blower off and can you see the metal am I mentioned?
Hello, do you still need help or have you already made the repair?