Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My icemaker works fine, but recently water from the water

Customer Question

my icemaker works fine, but recently water from the water supply is running down inside the refrigerator and puddling under the vegetable and fruit slide outs, which eventually leaks out the door onto the floor. if i shut the water supply off, this doesn't happen. i don't understand how the water is entering the refrigerated section since the icemaker is in the freezer compartment.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The water tube that feeds the ice maker must be out of position or leaking if you can shut the water off and have no more leakage. However, I suspect it is more likely that the defrost drain may be frozen and causing the water from the defrost cycles to leak. Remove the rear panel from inside the freezer and inspect the aluminum tray that is below the coil. Is it full of ice? If so, thaw and make sure hot water will drain easily.