Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

Me GE French Door Refrigerator is icing up inside the

Customer Question

Me GE French Door Refrigerator is icing up inside the refrigerator, on the back panel. I defrost it with a hair dryer but it recurs and the unit gets noisy.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 1 year ago.
The most common problem for this happening is a bad thermistor which is mounted on top of the evaporator coil inside the refrigerator ( behind the panel jyou are defrosting. Go to www.repairclinic.com and look at part number WR55X10025. Cut the wires to it , use blue wire nuts to reconnect and fill the wire nuts with silicone sealant.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to the site above but it was for a totally different refrigerator. How do I know the same part will work on my unit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just checked with GE - they say the thermistor P/N you provided is not correct for my refrig.