Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

GE Monogram Dishwasher Model: ZBD7100GSS 24 inches wide,

Customer Question

GE Monogram Dishwasher Model: ZBD7100GSS 24 inches wide, bought in 2003
I have two issues with my dishwasher:
1) The start button does not work. I have been able to use the delay start button as a temporary fix but need the start button to work. Does the entire panel need to be replaced? How much is the part? What is an estimate on the labor (hours/price)?
2) The detergent does not get released properly during the wash cycle and remains in the container.
Thanks
Tim
Are these issues related? Or is there more than one issue that needs to be addressed?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been 2 days and I did not get any responses.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! For the start button not working, the touch pad is indeed likely faulty. You may be able to restore function by turning the breaker off and using a hair dryer to heat the touch pads until very warm while rubbing very firmly over each button several times. As for the poor dispensing, if the door is open but soap still in the dispenser, the issue is with low water or poor circulation if nothing is blocking the dispenser door. Does the detergent door open?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The detergent door does not open.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If the detergent door does not open, then the dispenser will likely need to be replaced. The correct one for your model is available below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The original response was not quick enough so I am not satisfied. I had a GE technician come to my house prior to receiving this response. I appreciate the information but did not benefit from it. I do not want to pay for this information since I already paid for the GE home visit so I do not plan to submit a rating.